1.01.2008

Jani Anderson - Principal

My name is Jani Momolu Anderson. I know it sounds like a girl's name, but it isn't.

In 1995, I confounded Sigma6 Interactive Media, the first interactive media company in the City of Detroit. We were fortunate to find early success in the music industry. These works brought us attention from the automotive industry. With McCaan-Erickson as a client, I designed the original version of the GMC web site (GMC.COM). At Sigma6, we had the fortune of working with some the most talented individuals in the Mid West. Sigma6 was listed in WIRED Magazine as one of the best companies to work for in the United States.

In 1998, we sold Sigma6 to AppNet. It was with AppNet that I worked on the most rewarding project in my design career. As VP of Creative Services I designed the first-ever Black Entertainment Television website (BET.COM).

Working with Digital Detroit, I was on the panel that provided Jennifer Granholm with the technology platform for her historic campaign as the first female governor of Michigan. In a speech to the Detroit Chamber of Commerce, Mayor Dennis Archer described me as a new millennium Barry Gordy. I also was the keynote speaker at the Mayor’s Conference on Education in 2000.

That year, AppNet was sold to Commerce One. I left Commerce One in 2001 and co-founded Omoamusic, an independent electronic record label. After 6 releases and 2 and a half years, I turned my attention towards publishing. In 2005 I co-founded Good for Party LLC, an online publishing and event planning entity.

In the fall of 2005, I joined Playboy Entertainment LLC in the corporate headquarters as a web developer. I was the lead designer on the Girls Next Door mini-site as well as many, many other web projects and pages for the Playboy group. I am currently an SEO associate on the team responsible for search engine optimization of all Playboy’s online properties.

I am interested in working with talented people doing great things. I endeavor to do work that is world-class. I do work with not-for-profit organizations and I enjoy the thrill of working with start-up groups. I work hard, I play hard, and I always bring my A-game.

So, what may I do for you?


CAPABILITIES


DESIGN
Lead designer on projects for sites such as
  • PLAYBOY.COM (2008)
  • GOODFORPARTY.COM (2006)
  • LEGALFISH.COM (2004)
  • OMOAMUSIC.COM (2004)
  • BET.COM (2000)
  • BP NGL.COM (2000)
  • GEORGIAPACIFIC.COM (1997)
  • GMC.COM (1996)
  • TRANSMAT.COM (1995)

CREATIVE DIRECTION
Responsible for the integrity of the final creative product for projects such as
  • BET.COM
  • DELPHI.COM
  • JACOBSONS.COM
  • EV1.COM

HTML/CSS PROGRAMMING
Expert-level knowledge of executing designs based on principles of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility

PROJECT & PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
Direction of various art directors, designers, photographers, animators, illustrators, copyrighters and musicians


EXPERIENCE

2008 - Present

SEO ASSOCIATE
Playboy.com
Chicago, IL

2005 - 2008
WEB DESIGNER
Playboy.com
Chicago, IL

2001 - PRESENT
CREATIVE DIRECTOR/PUBLISHER
Good for Party Magazine - In print and online
Chicago, IL

2001 - 2004
CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ COFOUNDER
Omoamusic - Independent electronic music record label
Detroit, MI

1999-2001
VP CREATIVE SERVICES
CommerceOne - E-Commerce software and interactive services
Detroit, MI

1998-1999
VP CREATIVE SERVICES
AppNet - E-Commerce
Detroit, MI

1995-1998
OWNER / CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Sigma6 - Interactive media services
Detroit, MI


EDUCATION


2005 - Continuing
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
BFA Program
Concentration in Art History, Theory and Criticism

1992-1995
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
BFA Program
Concentration in Graphic Design and Photography


SOFTWARE
  • HTML/CSS
  • Some JavaScript
  • Some PHP
  • BBEdit
  • Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • GoLive
  • InDesign
  • Dreamweaver
  • Word
  • PowerPoint
  • Excel
  • Mac OS + Windows Literate